Monday, November 3, 2008

Safety Meeting Experience

I have to share this with everyone. Ryan and I went to a safety meeting for his work yesterday. I got to go the wives were invited. Well anyway this guy was injured due to just taking a shortcut on an everyday routine. The story is 7 years ago he was on his way home from work and he received a call from his wife to hurry home. Because their one year old son just took his first step. But he told his wife that he had to stop and feed their elk first. When he went to feed the elk he had to lift a one ton bale with his tractor. But the tractor was low on hydraulic fluid, and he knew it. But he done it tons of time like the way he was going to do it. But something went wrong and the one ton bale come back and fell on top of him and pinned him under it. He laid there for almost 45 minutes before his wife found him. To make a long story short he ended up paralyzed because he took a shortcut on an everyday routine. His point was in this safety meeting was. Life is to short take the time to fix what needs to be fixed and never to forget to communicate with others. He was a very strong speaker. So let's all not forget to live life to the fullest but don't ever take shortcuts. Always remember to take time just to let other people know that you have time for them. Even if it's 10-15 seconds of your time. Let them know how much you care for them. So who ever reads this blog just remember that I do care and I always have time for you.

4 comments:

The Moyes Family said...

Good advise we all need to remember that.I love your blog it is so cute. Hope to see you saturday. I worry about you and your mom though, I know it will be hard.
Love ya Nancie

CHRISTENSEN FAMILY said...

Hi Sandy, that is great advice! Love you all and I hope to see you soon!! Noelle

JeN said...

What a great message Sandy!! Thanks for sharing, I have time and care for you too!!!

Tina and Brad said...

Hey Sandy! Thanks for inviting me to check out your blog, it's great. You guys have been good friends. Thanks for everything!
Love you guys!!
Tina